Oh my yumminess!! I made some simple 3 ingredient coconut yogurt this week and this is definitely my new summer breakfast topper!! And mid afternoon snack, and treat at night, and... .. .
1 litre of full fat coconut milk
2 tsp tapioca flour
2 multistrain probiotc capsules
Make sure the probiotics are fresh and viable, there are so many companies that lower the quality by letting their products sit on the shelf instead of being refrigerated. Although there are "shelf stable" strins, make sure to look for top quality when it comes to probiotics, vitamins, minerals or any supplement you might take.
- Bring the coconut yogurt to a low boil and whisk in the flour. .Turn heat on low and stir for 3 mins.
- Turn heat off and let the coconut milk cool.
- When it is warm but cool enough to touch, whisk the probiotics in then pour liquid into clean glass jars (and yes, it will still be very liquidy)
- I kept mine on the counter for 2 days with excellent results! The time may vary dependent on how tangy you like it!.
- Pop it in the fridge overnight and magic! .
You can sweeten with maple syrup or fresh berries and enjoy a gut healthy, "no added", creamy plant-based yogurt!
I might also mention that it's so much less expensive than plant-based yogurts you can find in the store, and no plastic waste.
This type of traditional yogurt, along with other fermented foods, have great benefits to gut health and overall health.
*Probiotics help to balance and restore healthy gut flora.
*They can help prevent and treat diarrhea.
*Some studies have shown them to help with mood and energy.
*Probiotics may reduce the severity of certain allergies and eczema.
*They can also help reduce severity of certain digestive disorders.
*And probiotics work to help boost your immune system.
Adding probiotic rich foods like yogurts, tempeh, sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi, kefir, miso, and traditional tofu, can add to your gut healthy habits, so try one, or a few daily!
What are you favourite fermented foods?